The office is the quiet hub of all the action at Classic Fun Center. We do our best to keep it quiet, even though it gets rowdy at times. Something is almost always being worked on in the office, so we try to limit distractions. This means minimizing the amount of times you have to visit the office. At times, the door may be shut. If the door is unlocked, you are free to enter. If the door is locked, you will need to wait to use the office. If work is being done in the office, it is not to be used as a shortcut. The office is home to several activities. At any given time there could be an interview, meeting, or movie going on. We believe in an open door policy - if you have a question or concern, you are welcome in the office. The office is not a lounge for team members on break. Eating in the office must be accompanied by work.
DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT POLICIES
In order to stay consistent with our culture, every member of the staff needs to feel comfortable at work. Avoiding inappropriate physical contact will keep our work environment comfortable and safe. This will also avoid the issue of customers feeling uncomfortable with the interaction between team members.
- Employees are not allowed to grab, hug, kiss, or in any way touch another team member beyond the contact that is necessary to do their job, even if the other person is okay with it.
- Keep physical contact between team members to a good old-fashioned handshake or a Classic high five.
- Due to strict harassment laws, being involved in any of the above behavior may result in disciplinary action including probation and/or termination.
Just like with physical contact, it is important that team members and customers can feel comfortable with the language of the staff. We are in the business of creating the best family-style atmosphere!
- Be professional! Swearing, foul, abusive and/or offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Inappropriate language can include, but is not limited to:
- Crude words or expressions
- Threats against anyone
- Sexually explicit language, in general or directed at a person
- Words or expressions that generalize about or can be offensive to groups of people based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, etc.
- If you observe someone using inappropriate language, report it to your manager immediately.
Due to strict harassment laws and our desire to have a safe and fun workplace, being involved in any of the above behavior may result in disciplinary action including probation and/or termination.
Classic Fun Center is an equal opportunity employer. We abide by the Utah Anti-Discrimination Act of 1965:
We do not refuse to hire, promote, discharge, demote, or terminate a person, or to retaliate against, harass, or discriminate in matters of compensation or in terms, privileges, and conditions of employment against a person otherwise qualified, because of race; color; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions; age, if the individual is over 40 years or older; religion; national origin; disability; sexual orientation; or gender identity.
Utah has also added additional protections which provide that employees may express religious and moral beliefs in the workplace in a reasonable manner on equal terms with similar expressions allowed by the employer and that employers may not discharge, demote, refuse to hire, retaliate, or discriminate against an individual based on expressions of religious, political, or personal belief outside of the workplace.
RESIGNATION & TERMINATION
Two weeks prior to your anticipated last day of work, we ask that you submit written notice of your resignation so that we can anticipate recruiting needs. Resignation forms should be submitted in the HR box. We would love to have a final review before your last of work.
Employee reviews will held regularly in order to improve our staff relationships. Your performance and our performance will be discussed, and suggestions will be shared. Reviews result in various types of action such as probation, termination, or a raise (most frequent). The goal is to help you improve, even outside of the workplace. We care about your interests, including your professional development and education. We expect all of our student-employees to maintain good grades.