THE PURPOSE OF THIS PROCESS
Over the last 35+ years, we have tried a variety of training methods. It has been difficult to find a balance between work and play in the training process. So, as a result of some extensive research, we believe we have developed a tool with just the right amount of work and play. No need to take our word for it! Each of our training sections will tell you (and show you) how to do just about everything without boring you to death. For everything else not covered in the sections, you were hired for a specific reason - to make good decisions when that time comes! Be smart, and be who you are!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND OURS
We are so excited that you are joining our team— we hope you are, too! We are dedicated to developing the community as well as our employees into the absolute best they can be, all while having a blast! But before the fun begins, there are some things you need to know and do. We ask you to thoroughly read and study this orientation booklet and complete the tasks described herein, before your first day of work (there's a $15 bonus in it for you if you do!).
PLEASE SHOW UP TO WORK IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Classic Shirt (Completely Visible) - Clean & Neat - $10 deposit for shirt required on first day of work.
- No coats, jackets, sweaters, etc. may be worn over your Classic Shirt.
- Visible name-tag at all times (will be created during training period).
- Dark blue denim jeans or khaki tan pants only (no black) - clean & pressed. Summer Exception: Shorts (Must reach 3 inches above the knee): Blue Denim, Grey, or Khaki Tan (no black). No skirts.
- No tights, athletic shorts, sweatpants, sloppy pants, etc.
- No revealing clothing of any kind.
- No open-toed shoes.
- No non-classic hats.
- Clean & well groomed hair.
- All facial hair must be approved.
- Long hair must be pulled back (snack bar & serving food).
- No visible tattoos.
- No ear gauges or dangling earrings.
1. Open email notification from 7shifts.
2. Find and copy password contained in the email, and memorize your 4-digit punch ID (used to clock in).
3. Download 7Shifts app on your smart device.
Watch the following tutorials.
7. The shift pool
TO DO LIST
- Fill out and turn in W4 form (click here for form)
- Bring the completed form and place in the office drop box on your first day!
- Fill out and turn in pages 7-9 of I9 form (click here for form)
- Bring copies of identification to turn in with form
- Place the completed forms in the office drop box
- Complete 7shifts training & submit availability
- Obtain a Food Handler's Permit. Here is a list of approved internet based classes (click to see their website):
- Classic does not cover the cost of the class, but you will receive a $15 bonus for completing all of the orientation tasks.
- Purchase class, complete test, and print temporary certificate.
- Bring certificate on first day and place it in the HR box in the office. When you recieve the official certificate, make a copy and place it in the HR box.
- Complete the orientation & dress code agreement form (click here).
- You're all set! We are excited to see you on your first day!